Author Topic: Ellen's photos  (Read 2487 times)

Ellen

• View Profile
Ellen's photos
« on: 24/04/2013, 08:25:36 »
Hey Hayo,

Thanks for the great workshop last sunday. There were always some 'mystery' functions on my camera and now there are quite a few less. I learned a lot!
Also many thanks to Carel for giving the birds a wonderful home and for providing the opportunity to us to photograph them.

In attachment some of the photos

Ellen

Hayo Baan

• Professional Photographer and Workshop Leader
  • Administrator
  • Professional Photographer and Workshop Leader
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan – Photography
Re: Ellen's photos
« Reply #1 on: 24/04/2013, 18:26:51 »
Hi Ellen,

Great to hear you enjoyed the day – and learned a lot too!

Wow, the results you posted are really great:
  • Barn owl portrait: Good portrait. To get an even better balance I think I'd like to see a little bit shaved off the top, but otherwise good.
  • Diving Barn owl: Nice but there are a couple of things that distract me (ok, nitpicking): the shadow line in the water cuts through the wing and has a direction that is not contributing to the flow of the image. I also think that the pole is a little bit too close to the other wing, this thing can probably corrected easily with some Photoshop magic.
  • Landing Eurasian owl: Great wing movement and pretty well balanced composition. Perhaps cut off a bit more from the top and right side to make it even better.
  • Eurasrian owl in flight: Again great pose of the wings! Good capture!

All in all, I must say: Very well done, certainly considering the fact that you shot with the D50 which has its (speed) limitations! Really impressed.
Hayo Baan – Photography
www.hayobaan.nl

Ellen

• View Profile
Re: Ellen's photos
« Reply #2 on: 24/04/2013, 21:31:34 »

You got me blushing :)

I agree about the line in the water in the barn owl pic but i must admit that I did not see it when i was choosing the photo. The wooden pole has to be removed indeed, I must admit that i am not the biggest photoshop talent but i'll give it a go!

Ellen