Author Topic: Ellen's photos part 3  (Read 2824 times)

Ellen

• View Profile
Ellen's photos part 3
« on: 24/04/2013, 08:27:12 »
And part 3...

Hayo Baan

• Professional Photographer and Workshop Leader
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan – Photography
Re: Ellen's photos part 3
« Reply #1 on: 24/04/2013, 19:10:25 »
And again some real nice images!

• Turkey vulture: It does looks a tad bit unsharp, and of course it is a pity the wings are clipped. Compositionally you may want to try cropping it as a portrait to see what that does to the image?
  • Alaskan Bald Eagle (Homer): Good take-off shot! Composition feels good too. Perhaps only a bit too dark (but that is easily fixed).

Thanks for sharing!
Hayo Baan – Photography
www.hayobaan.nl

Ellen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24/04/2013, 21:39:17 »
I totally agree about the vulture, it is indeed the least sharp photo of the whole set. I tried making it a portrait but it looks a bit strange then. Although I really like the unusual appearance of the vulture, I found it the most difficult bird to shoot.

Ellen

Hayo Baan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan – Photography
« Reply #3 on: 25/04/2013, 21:19:29 »
I totally agree about the vulture, it is indeed the least sharp photo of the whole set. I tried making it a portrait but it looks a bit strange then. Although I really like the unusual appearance of the vulture, I found it the most difficult bird to shoot.

You know, I found that too; the Turkey Vulture IS hard to photograph beautifully. I guess some of this has to do with the fact that the bird itself has no really appealing aspects (no radiating power, no sleek or otherwise beautiful forms, …). Furthermore, it is a technically challenging bird with the bright beak and the black feathers.
Hayo Baan – Photography
www.hayobaan.nl