Author Topic: Carlo's photos  (Read 2854 times)

hentzenc

• View Profile
Carlo's photos
« on: 11/05/2013, 17:40:58 »
Many thanks to Hayo and Carel for this great day. As usual I learned quite a lot during the workshop.
Attached some of my pictures

Hayo Baan

• Professional Photographer and Workshop Leader
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan – Photography
Re: Carlo's photos
« Reply #1 on: 11/05/2013, 21:42:30 »
Hello Carlo,

Good to hear you enjoyed it and learned some too!

• Landing Eagle Owl: Beautiful pose! I can't really judge focus from the small upload size of course, but that seems to be in order too. Really nice.  The only misgiving I may have about the image is the fact there are some twigs and leaves in front of the bird (unpreventable from that standpoint). They are hardly noticeable though, so no big issue, I think.
  • Running Burrowing Owl: Awesome — If you have that one in good focus, you captured a great (and in my opinion difficult) image! Composition wise, perhaps crop a bit so that the bird is more in the top left area of the frame.
  • Harris's Hawk taking off: The form of the bird is nice and well composed. Background is a bit too busy for my taste though (but again, that is not always easy to control).
  • Harris's Hawk in flight: Superb! Really love the splash of water and the symmetry of the bird and its reflection. Well done! This is an image I would have liked to have taken myself! I wonder how it looks in colour too.

As always, please feel encouraged to disagree with my opinion  ;)
Hayo Baan – Photography
www.hayobaan.nl

hentzenc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14/05/2013, 22:03:35 »
Hello Hayo,

many thanks for your comments. Attached find a repositioned owl. I don't think it makes a big difference.

I also send you the colour the version of the hawk. I prefer the black and white version. The back ground (water) is less disruptive and the water drops are more predominant.

Best regards

Carlo

Hayo Baan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan – Photography
« Reply #3 on: 17/05/2013, 16:52:20 »
Hi Carlo,

You're welcome!

I indeed like the B&W version of the hawk better (perhaps increase contrast a bit more on it) but he burrowing owl is now too close to the side, I think somewhere in between the two versions would be best  ;)

Happy shooting,
Hayo
Hayo Baan – Photography
www.hayobaan.nl