Author Topic: Industrial heritage  (Read 2958 times)

inykoning

• View Profile
Industrial heritage
« on: 05/05/2013, 09:27:03 »
I also added some pictures, more to be found on http://www.inykoning.nl/?page_id=1789

Hayo Baan

• Professional Photographer and Workshop Leader
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan – Photography
Re: Industrial heritage
« Reply #1 on: 05/05/2013, 09:51:26 »
Hi Iny, thank you for posting!

If this really was your first go HDR you have done very well!

• Evening shot: Moody! It's very blue at the moment, but I haven't yet decided whether I like that or not. Does give the image an evening feel, so…
    Pity there was someone in your frame, but I think that with a bit of Photoshop healing and cloning you can fix this.
  • Battery corridor: GREAT! Like the discontinued pipe very much! My absolute favourite of the four. Perhaps only crop off a bit of the bottom (and right)
  • Overview: Hmm, somehow this doesn't fully work for me. Don't think I really like the “polluted” colours either.
  • See through: I am always fond of these kinds of “see-throughs.” With this one, I would suggest to get rid of the black areas at the top and bottom a much as possible. While less problematic than with the previous image, still not overly fond of the brownish colours.

And as I have probably mentioned many times already: Please note that all my comments are my personal opinion, so please feel free (nay: encouraged) to disagree!
Hayo Baan – Photography
www.hayobaan.nl

pfgbel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05/05/2013, 15:34:23 »
Hello Iny !
I finally found your post ...

I am happy I found your photos and what impressed me the most at the very beginning is your ability to shoot under very nice angles of view !!  This seems narural for you, congratulations !
For the post-processing I don't know exactly how to formulate my feeling, I think this was your first attempt with HDR and I confess you did very well with this new method, however your colors seem to be washed out a bit, giving at the same time less importance to the HDR input.  I am sure you will improve this sothat the colors recuperate their strength...

The evening shot is the one I really prefer, would you make a color balance to the image it would be a fantastic result, beating all what I have seen up to now !!
I had the same feeling with the following images, I am sure you can give more power to them only with a color enhancement.

Anyway congrats with these images I like a lot !!

friendly Yours,
Pol

inykoning

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08/05/2013, 03:45:49 »
Dear Pol,

I received your comment through GJ and actually thought that it was meant for him, but I was very surprised noticing your comment was addressed to me. Thank you so much for it, because peoplel usually tell me that I rather can join a knitting club instead of making pictures.

Thank you once more and I already started to change the pictures with your input.

Kindest regards,

Iny

Hayo Baan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan – Photography
« Reply #4 on: 09/05/2013, 19:30:24 »
peoplel usually tell me that I rather can join a knitting club instead of making pictures.

Hi Iny, well, you can tell those people to “stick it where the sun don't shine” you definitely can photograph  :)
Hayo Baan – Photography
www.hayobaan.nl