Author Topic: Dortmund juni 2013 Bert's beelden  (Read 4564 times)

bertjaspers

• View Profile
Dortmund juni 2013 Bert's beelden
« on: 26/06/2013, 14:28:19 »
Beste mensen,
Bijgaand wat foto's van dit geweldige weekend. De meeste foto's zijn in HDR opgenomen ( meestal 5 met 3/4 stop ) en in HDR pro 2 verwerkt. Gezien dit voor mij nieuw was heb ik wat tijd moeten steken in het onder de knie krijgen van HDR pro2 maar dat was simpel omdat het idem werkt als Effex pro voor zwart/wit. En dat helpt. De meeste foto's zijn wat HDR aangezet en denk, alles overziend, dat dit misschien iets teveel van het goede is. Enfin, ik hoor jullie commentaar wel.
Groet, Bert

bertjaspers

• View Profile
Re: Dortmund juni 2013 Bert's beelden
« Reply #1 on: 26/06/2013, 14:33:16 »
Nog een paar foto's

bertjaspers

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26/06/2013, 14:35:54 »
en nog een paar
Bert

bertjaspers

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26/06/2013, 14:38:15 »
Deze wilde ik jullie niet onthouden
Bert

Hayo Baan

• Professional Photographer and Workshop Leader
  • Administrator
  • Professional Photographer and Workshop Leader
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan – Photography
« Reply #4 on: 26/06/2013, 16:54:53 »
Hi Bert,

Awesome! Again a very different view on the same topics. Nice!

I think you have done very well and don't think you have overdone the HDR at all. Here's some feedback on each image

• 100 (Carts) – Good, well balanced composition. Like the fact you have kept everything straight and level.
  • 101 (Line of wagons) – Not too sure about this one. Sure, there's the second cart just touching the frame, but that's not all. I just can't put it into words, but somehow it doesn't fully work for me. My wife liked it very much though…
  • 102 (Rusty cart) – Like it! I'd just darken the bottom part (especially the wheel) to improve it even more.
  • 103 (Rusty sprocket) – Great. As you once again show: simple is good! One thing, compositionally I think I'd like it more in a 3:2 proportion.
  • 104 (Rust and moss) – Works for me.
  • 108 (Wagon undersides) – YES! Wonder who is standing behind the first wheel on the left though ;)
  • 110 (Lift tower) – Ah, this is actually a much better version of the one I shot at the same location. I do notice a lot of chromatic aberration (purple fringes) though, perhaps you can still get rid of that in your raw converter or with the sliders in HDR Efex Pro?
  • 117 (Kokerei at night) – I have a very similar shot here, works well, doesn't it!
  • 118 (Cellar) – Very nice shot of the cellar!
  • 120 (Shadows) – Again a simple but very cool shot. Balanced composition and well spotted!
  • 123 (Stairs) – Good lighting and I love the “lines” in the image; they really take you walking on those stairs.
  • 124 (Valve) – Good details, but somehow the composition doesn't work for me. I think the turning wheel and bar extend too far into the image to make it balanced? Also the left top feels too close to the frame.
  • 143 (Quenching tower) – Very well done shot! The tower is a great subject, but hard to photograph nicely. You nailed it though!
  • 130 (Entrance) – Ok, but much less special than most of your others.
  • 136 (See through) – This one I like VERY much, perhaps even the most of all. Love the effect of the broken glass panes on the background. Nice!
  • 127 (Rusty structure) – Hmm, the (structure of the) rust is very nice, but I still find the composition a bit boring, sorry :-\

Anyway, this is all just my personal opinion, so please feel encouraged to disagree  :D

Thanks for sharing,
Hayo

P.S. I have merged your posts so I can keep everything together and comment on them in one go.
Hayo Baan – Photography
www.hayobaan.nl