Author Topic: Industrial Heritage June 2013 Hans K's images  (Read 4090 times)

hanskessens

• View Profile
Industrial Heritage June 2013 Hans K's images
« on: 23/06/2013, 14:05:35 »
Hier twee fotootjes van mijn hand. Wel gebracket en niet gehdrrd, míjn nieuwe werkelijkheid wordt vooral gevormd door de uitsnede.
Ik kijk terug op een leuk weekend met de vrouwen en mannen van de Haarlemse Fotoclub...
Hans Kessens

hanskessens

• View Profile
Re: Industrial Heritage June 2013 Hans K's images
« Reply #1 on: 23/06/2013, 14:11:07 »
De tweede dan...

Hayo Baan

• Professional Photographer and Workshop Leader
  • Administrator
  • Professional Photographer and Workshop Leader
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan – Photography
Re: Industrial Heritage June 2013 Hans K's images
« Reply #2 on: 23/06/2013, 16:37:37 »
Hi Hans,

Thank you very much for posting these two exciting images!

Some feeback:

Pipe and sprocket wheel – Really like the composition of this one, clean and simple and very “different.”
The light as well as the soft contrast gives it a Vermeer feeling. Wow!
I think it was a good choice not to HDR-process  the image; don't think it would have benefited from it. I can't find anything to comment, the image just feels right!

Oven valves – Again a surprising composition. Balanced and very well done. In this image I see two minor issues:
  • the handle on the left of the image is touching the frame edge – perhaps you have another version/crop of the image where this is not the case?
  • the metal of the valves feels a bit too bright – you should be able to darken (e.g., burn) this in post processing, while you're at it, perhaps also clone out the thingy sticking into the top-right corner.
Though this image also does not need HDR-processing, it may be worthwhile to try it. The rust and the structure of the materials could come out even more if you do so. You can choose to HDR-process your brackets, or even just this single image.
Regardless, a very nice composition!

Thank you for sharing these great images!

P.S. I have moved your posts to a separate thread so as to keep everyone's contributions (and feedback) together.
Hayo Baan – Photography
www.hayobaan.nl