Author Topic: Bavaria Winter 2014  (Read 3736 times)

Rob de Jonge

• View Profile
Bavaria Winter 2014
« on: 28/02/2014, 21:13:40 »
This was my third winter visit of this area and for the first time there was nearly any snow and the temperature far too high. I love the " Tierfreigelande" very much, but after 4 visits, it's hard to make exceptional , unique pictures. Because there was nearly any snow, the light conditions were hard; high ISO's. But, I had good company!!!

Here are some photo's :

Rob de Jonge

• View Profile
Re: Bavaria Winter 2014
« Reply #1 on: 28/02/2014, 21:24:36 »
Here are some more:

I took many pictures of wolves, but no one was special.  In the past I have made the same or better. My wolf photo was taken in a heavy fog.

Hayo Baan

• Professional Photographer and Workshop Leader
  • Administrator
  • Professional Photographer and Workshop Leader
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan – Photography
Re: Bavaria Winter 2014
« Reply #2 on: 02/03/2014, 12:32:22 »
Hi Rob, thanks for posting some of your images. I think that despite the lack of snow (which as far as I know has never happened in decades), we still had ample great opportunities. Being able to see a bear getting out of its hole is quite unique, I'd say :)

Some feedback:
RSJ-3: Bear – Unique moment of course so that already makes it a great shot. Did you crop it, because if possible I'd like to see some more of the surrounding to make it more evident that he is indeed getting out of his hole.

RSJ-6: Bear – Love the paws, really a great way to make an interesting shot of a bear. B&W works great. Have you tried cropping this one portrait, may work even better?

RSJ-4: Lynx – Great action shot! Hope I caught it as well as you did :-) The only (minor) thing I think could improve the image even further would be to have some more room at the bottom.

RSJ-7: Otter – The otter is always a great subject, but this one does not work so well for me (you've taken better ones).

RSJ-1: Wolf – This is making the most of a terrible situation, mist so thick you could hardly see a thing. Makes for a great atmospheric shot though. Love it! Perhaps crop it so the tree on the right is gone, but that's just a minor thing.

RSJ-2: Wisent – Like bears, I find these animals quite hard to photograph nicely. The steam from his nostrils is nice. I think I would crop it landscape though, I think that will make it stronger.

RSJ-5: Lynx – A kingly portrait, pity about the busy background, but hey, that's nature ;-)

Thanks for posting, looking forward to more!

(Our own images will have to wait a while still; way too busy with all sorts of work…)
Hayo Baan – Photography
www.hayobaan.nl